This post may contain affiliate links.
This is the BEST super easy and moist Lemon Pound Cake and it is incredibly delicious. It is full of lemon flavor and it has the most soft and moist texture plus it is topped with a lemon glaze. This lemon pound cake recipe is so easy and it will be quick family favorite.
This Lemon Pound Cake is so delicious and full lemon flavor. It is super soft and has delicious moist crumb. The pound cake is topped with a simple lemon glaze. This pound cake has the most amazing texture and is a family favorite. This delicious moist lemon pound cake is so good you’ll want to make it on repeat.
WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS
- Lemon Pound Cake: This pound cake is super soft and delicious, and is full of lemon flavor.
- Lemon Icing: The pound cake is topped with a simple lemon icing.
- Simple decoration: This cake is decorated with lemon slices, making for a no-fuss kinda of cake.
These are some of the key ingredients for this recipe. For a full list of ingredients, check out the recipe card below.
- All-purpose flour: Gives a light and airy cake. I prefer using all-purpose flour with a protein amount that is between 10-11%
- Sugar: The granulated sugar helps sweeten, as well as give moister to the cake.
- Eggs: Let the eggs come to room temperature before baking.
- Heavy cream: Heavy cream makes for a a super soft and tender cake. Measure out the heavy cream and let it come to room temperature.
- Oil: Use a flavor neutral oil, such as canola oil.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
Here is how to make and bake the Lemon Pound Cake. This recipe needs a hand whisk, a bowl and a rubber spatula. It can also be mixed together in a stand mixer using the paddle attachment.
The full recipe is down below in the recipe card.
Before starting preheat the oven to 160ºC/ 320ºF conventional oven. Grease a 21,5 x 11,5 cm /8,5x4,5 inch loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
STEP 1: In a medium bowl add the granulated sugar and lemon zest. Rub it together to release all of the lemon zest flavor, until it looks like wet sand. Then add the eggs and whisk until combined.
STEP 2: Pour in the heavy cream, and whisk until combined. For the dry ingredients, place a sieve onto the bowl and sift the all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt into the batter. Then pour in the vegetable oil, vanilla extract and lemon juice.
STEP 3: Pour the cake batter into the prepared loaf pan. Take a butter knife and insert it into the top of the batter in the loaf pan and run it a straight line down the middle of the batter. Bake it for 75-90 minutes, depending on your baking pan size.
TIP: If the baking is larger or smaller it can affect the baking time, therefore bake it until a cake tester or tooth pick comes out clean.
STEP 4: Let the pound cake cool on a wire rack. After 10 minutes, gently remove the pound cake from the cake tin and let it cool down completely.
STEP 5: Place the lemon pound cake on a serving dish. Mix all the ingredients together for the lemon glaze and drizzle it over the pound cake. Optionally, decorate it with lemon slices once the icing has fully set.
EXPERT BAKING TIPS
- Use a kitchen scale: My default setting for my recipes is grams. It is the most precise way of measuring out your ingredients, I therefore highly recommend using a kitchen scale.
- Don't over mix your batter: I always use a spatula after everything has mixed together, to give it one final gentle fold together. This makes sure everything in the bottom of the mixing bowl has been mixed into the batter.
- Light vs. dark baking pans: For the best result, use an aluminum baking pan, greased with butter and lined with baking paper in the bottom. Aluminum pans are light in color and therefore attract less heat. That means it bakes more gently which results in a softer cake. If you use a black baking pan it'll attract a lot more heat. That will then give a darker crust, which can result in a dryer cake.
I recommend using a cake tester or toothpick. Once the time has passed, per the recipe, insert the cake tester in the in the center of the pound cake and once it comes out clean, with no cake batter on it, then it's done.
Yes, make the cake as instructed and store it in an airtight container or covered by plastic wrap.
Store the lemon pound cake on the kitchen counter in an airtight container or covered by plastic wrap. It's best enjoyed within a 2-3 days.
Other Pound Cake Recipes To Try
Lemon Pound Cake
LEMON POUND CAKE
- 330 g granulated sugar
- Zest of 2 large lemons
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 160 g heavy cream room temperature
- 240 g all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 85 g vegetable oil
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- 150 g powdered sugar
- 4-5 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon heavy cream to thicken the glaze, optional
- Fresh lemons slices for decoration
LEMON POUND CAKE
- Preheat the oven at 160ºC/320ºF conventional oven and prepare a 21,5 x 11,5 cm /8,5x4,5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper. Have enough baking paper on each side of the pan, so you are able to lift the pound cake out of the pan.
- In a mixing bowl add the granulated sugar and lemon zest. Rub it together to release all of the lemon zest flavor, until it looks like wet sand.330 g granulated sugar, Zest of 2 large lemons
- Add the eggs and with a hand whisk, whisk until combined. Then pour in the heavy cream, and whisk until combined.4 large eggs, 160 g heavy cream
- Place a sieve onto the bowl and sift the all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt into the batter.240 g all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, ½ teaspoon salt
- Then pour in the vegetable oil, vanilla extract and lemon juice and gently stir it together until smooth and combined.85 g vegetable oil, 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared loaf pan. Take a butter knife and insert it into the top of the batter in the loaf pan and run it a straight line down the middle of the batter. Bake it for 75-90 minutes or until a cake tester or toothpick comes out clean.
- Note: If the baking is larger or smaller loaf pan, it can affect the baking time, therefore bake it until a cake tester or tooth pick comes out clean.
- Let the pound cake cool on a cooling rack. After 10 minutes, gently remove the pound cake from the cake tin and let it cool down completely.
- Place the lemon pound cake on a serving dish. Mix all the ingredients together for the glaze and pour it over the pound cake. Optionally, decorate it with lemon slices once the icing has fully set.150 g powdered sugar, 4-5 teaspoon lemon juice, ½ teaspoon heavy cream, Fresh lemons slices for decoration