This quick and easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread is incredibly delicious. It is full of pumpkin flavor and chocolate chips and it has the most soft and moist texture. It comes together super quick and only needs a hand whisk to stir it together. This pumpkin chocolate chip bread recipe is perfect for the fall season, and it will be quick family favorite.
This Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread is so delicious and full chocolate chips. It is super soft and moist and topped with even more chocolate chips. This pumpkin bread has the most amazing texture and is a family favorite.
This chocolate chip pumpkin bread recipe is perfect to serve for breakfast or for afternoon with tea or coffee during the fall season.
WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS
- Chocolate Chips: This pumpkin bread is super soft and delicious, and is full of mini chocolate chips.
- Pumpkin: The bread is full of pumpkin flavor.
- Simple decoration: This cake is decorated with lots of chocolate chips, making for a no-fuss kinda of cake.
These are some of the key ingredients for this recipe. For a full list of ingredients, check out the recipe card below.
- Pumpkin puree: Use store bought or make a homemade pumpkin puree. See how to make a homemade pumpkin puree in the FAQ further down the blog post.
- Spices: All of the spice can be switched out for 1 tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice.
- Oil: Use a flavor neutral oil, such as canola oil.
- Eggs: Take them out of the fridge 1-2 hours before baking (depending how warm your kitchen is).
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips: I recommend using mini chocolate chips or any chocolate chips on the smaller side.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
Here is how to make and bake these Pumpkin Chocolate Chips Bread. This recipe doesn't need an electric mixer. Just two large bowls, a whisk and a spatula.
The full recipe is down below in the recipe card.
Before starting preheat the oven to 175ºC/ 350ºF conventional oven. Prepare a 21,5 x 11,5 cm /8,5x4,5 inch loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
STEP 1: In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, spices, salt and chocolate chips. Give it a stir to make sure everything has been combined.
STEP 2: In another mixing bowl add all of the wet ingredients, and with a hand whisk, whisk them together until combined. Be sure to not mix the ingredients too vigorously so the eggs don’t get over mixed.
STEP 3: Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture while gently stir it all together with the hand whisk. Make sure there are no lumps left in the batter.
STEP 4: Pour the cake batter into the prepared loaf pan. Take a butter knife and insert it into the top of the batter in the loaf pan and run it a straight line down the middle of the batter. Top the pumpkin bread with the extra chocolate chips. Bake it for 1 hour 5-15 minutes in the preheated oven.
STEP 5: Let the cake cool on a wire rack. After 10 minutes, gently remove the cake from the cake tin and let it cool down completely.
EXPERT BAKING TIPS
- Use a kitchen scale: My default setting for my recipes is grams. It is the most precise way of measuring out your ingredients, I therefore highly recommend using a kitchen scale.
- Don't over mix your batter: I always use a spatula after everything has mixed together, to give it one final gentle fold together. This makes sure everything in the bottom of the mixing bowl has been mixed into the batter.
- Light vs. dark baking pans: For the best result, use an aluminum baking pan, greased with butter and lined with baking paper in the bottom. Aluminum pans are light in color and therefore attract less heat. That means it bakes more gently which results in a softer cake. If you use a black baking pan it'll attract a lot more heat. That will then give a darker crust, which can result in a dryer cake.
I recommend using a cake tester or a knife. Once the time has passed, per the recipe, insert the cake tester all the way down to the bottom of the loaf and once it comes out clean, with no cake batter on it, then it's done.
Yes, make the loaf as instructed and store it in an airtight container or covered by plastic wrap.
Preheat the oven at 200ºC/390ºF conventional oven. Half a pumpkin e.g. a hokkaido pumpkin. Remove the seeds and place it upside down so it sits flat on the baking tray with baking paper and bake until soft, about 30-40 minutes. Then scrape out the pumpkin meat and add it to a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Let it cool down, then store it in an airtight container in the fridge.
Store the pumpkin chocolate chip bread on the kitchen counter in an airtight container or covered by plastic wrap. It's best enjoyed within a 2-3 days.
Other Loaf Cake Recipes To Try
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP BREAD
- 230 g all-purpose flour
- 250 g granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground all spice powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 130 g chocolate chips
- 300 g pumpkin purée room temperature
- 110 g oil room temperature
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 50 g chocolate chips for topping the pumpkin bread
- Preheat the oven at 175ºC/350ºF conventional oven and prepare a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, spices, salt and chocolate chips. Give it a stir to make sure everything has been combined.230 g all-purpose flour, 250 g granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon baking powder, ½ teaspoon baking soda, 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon ground all spice powder, ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg powder, ¼ teaspoon ground ginger powder, ¼ teaspoon ground cloves powder, ½ teaspoon salt, 130 g chocolate chips
- In another mixing bowl add all of the wet ingredients, and with a hand whisk, whisk them together until combined. Be sure to not mix the ingredients too vigorously so the eggs don’t get over mixed.300 g pumpkin purée, 110 g oil, 2 large eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Gently stir it all together with the hand whisk. Make sure there are no lumps left in the batter. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, with a rubber spatula, to make all of the ingredients has been mix together.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared loaf pan. Take a butter knife and insert it into the top of the batter in the loaf pan and run it a straight line down the middle of the batter. Top the pumpkin bread with the extra chocolate chips. Bake it for 1 hour 5-15 minutes. If the pumpkin brad starts to brown too much on top, you can lightly cover it with aluminium foil to prevent further browning.50 g chocolate chips for topping the pumpkin bread
- Let the cake cool on a cooling rack. After 10 minutes, gently remove the cake from the cake tin and let it cool down completely.