These Oreos Chocolate Chip Cookies are so delicious! There is both Oreo crumbs and chunks of Oreos in these cookies as well as lots of chocolate chips making them the most delicious cookies. They have perfect crispy edges and a delicious soft and chewy center, plus you only need a hand whisk and a spatula to make these, making them so easy. These Oreo chocolate chip cookies are for any Oreo lover and you'll want to make them over and over again!
These Oreos chocolate chip cookies are so quick and easy to make and will be your new favorite cookies. These amazing cookies are taking your classic chocolate chip cookies to the next level by adding lots of Oreos! What also makes them amazing is the texture of these cookies as these soft chewy cookies have perfectly crispy edges. The hardest part is waiting 1 hour for them to chill in the fridge.
These cookies are also loaded with Oreos and chocolate chips and they are so easy and delicious, that you'll want to make them over and over again! They also go perfect together with a tall glass of milk.
For more cookie recipes, try Nutella Peanut Butter Cookies, Chocolate Chip Marshmallow Cookies and Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Cookies.
WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS
- Easy to make: These cookies are so easy to make, and only needs a bowl and a hand mixer.
- Crispy edges and soft center: These cookies have perfectly crispy edges with the best chewy and soft center!
- Lots of Oreos and chocolate chips: These cookies are filled with Oreos and chocolate chips!
These are some of the key ingredients for this recipe. For a full list of ingredients, check out the recipe card below.
- Oreos: Use regular Oreos. The Oreos is both turned into crumbs and broken into pieces to get Oreos throughout the cookies.
- Chocolate chips: I recommend using semi-sweet dark chocolate chips.
- Butter: The butter is melted over low heat and then cooled.
- Brown sugar: The brown sugar gives more moister to the cookie dough, which makes for a more soft and chewy texture.
- Egg: Let it come to room temperature 1-2 hours before baking.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
Here is how to make and bake these Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies. This recipe doesn't need an electric mixer. Just two large bowls, a whisk and a spatula.
The full recipe is down below in the recipe card.
STEP 1: Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low-medium heat. You don’t want it to bubble, as to not lose any of the liquid in the butter. Let it cool down, while preparing the other ingredients.
STEP 2: In a large bowl, stir together all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar into a separate bowl with the melted butter. With a hand whisk, stir it together for 1 minute.
STEP 3: Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix it in. Add the dry ingredients and with a spatula, fold it together until just combined.
STEP 4: Add 6 Oreos into a plastic bag and crush them until fine crumbs. Break 6 other Oreos by hand into different size pieces, so there are small pieces and large pieces. Add the Oreo crumbs. Add the crushed Oreos, Oreo pieces and chocolate chips to the dough and with a rubber spatula fold it into the dough until combined.
STEP 5: Using a 2.5 ounce cookie scoop, scoop out 10 cookie dough balls and place them pre scooped in the fridge. Let them sit in the fridge for 1 hour.
Preheat the oven to 175ºC/ 350ºF conventional oven. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
STEP 6: Place 5 cookies per baking tray and give each of them a press down so they have a flat top. Bake them for 12-14 minutes. Once baked, let them cool down on the baking tray for 5 minutes as they still will be soft when they are done. After they have cooled down a bit, use a spatula to lift them onto a cooling rack.
EXPERT BAKING TIPS
- Use a kitchen scale: My default setting for my recipes is grams. It is the most precise way of measuring out your ingredients, I therefore highly recommend using a kitchen scale.
- Don't over mix your batter: I always use a spatula after everything has mixed together, to give it one final gentle fold together. This makes sure everything in the bottom of the mixing bowl has been mixed into the batter.
- Light vs. dark baking pans: For the best result, use an aluminum baking pan, greased with butter and lined with baking paper in the bottom. Aluminum pans are light in color and therefore attract less heat. That means it bakes more gently which results in a softer cake. If you use a black baking pan it'll attract a lot more heat. That will then give a darker crust, which can result in a dryer cake.
Yes, use a small cookie scoop (2 tbsp/1.3 oz) and bake them for 11-12 minutes.
Yes, scoop the cookie dough into balls and place them in an airtight container or cover them with plastic wrap, then store the cookie balls in the fridge overnight. Bake the cookies as instructed in the recipe.
Scoop the cookie dough into balls and store them in an airtight container or freezer bag. You can store them in the freezer for up to 30 days. Let the cookie ball thaw for 1 hour before baking them as instructed in the recipe.
Store the Oreo chocolate chip cookies in a cookie jar or an air-tight container. They are best enjoyed within 1 day when baked.
Other Cookie Recipes To Try
Make sure leave a STAR REVIEW if you loved this recipe! Make sure to tag me on Instagram @juliemarieeats. To get more ideas by following me on Pinterest.
Oreos Chocolate Chip Cookies
OREOS CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- 150 g butter melted and cooled
- 100 g granulated sugar
- 100 g brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 240 g all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 110 g chocolate chips
- 6 Oreo cookies crushed into small pieces
- 6 Oreo cookies broken into different size pieces
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low-medium heat. You don’t want it to bubble, as to not lose any of the liquid in the butter. Pour it over the granulated sugar and brown sugar and let it sit while preparing the other ingredients.150 g butter, 100 g granulated sugar, 100 g brown sugar
- In a bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.240 g all-purpose flour, ½ teaspoon baking powder, ½ teaspoon baking soda, ½ teaspoon salt
- With a hand whisk, stir together the butter and sugars for 1 minute.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix it in.1 large egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add the flour mixture and with a spatula, fold it together until just combined.
- Add 6 Oreos into a plastic bag and crush them until fine crumbs. Break the other 6 Oreos by hand into different size pieces, breaking each cookie into around 6 smaller pieces. Add the Oreo crumbs, Oreo pieces and chocolate chips to the dough and fold it into the dough until combined.6 Oreo cookies, 6 Oreo cookies, 110 g chocolate chips
- Using a large 2,5 ounce cookie scoop, scoop out 10 cookies and place them pre scooped in the fridge. Let them sit in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven at 175ºC / 350ºF and prepare a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Place 5 cookies per baking tray and give each of them a small press down so they have a flat top. Bake them for 12-14 minutes.
- Once baked, let them cool down on the baking tray for 5 minutes as they still will be soft when they are done. After they have cooled down a bit, use a spatula to lift them onto a cooling rack.
María Paz Fernández Sánchez
Mi receta favorita de galletas. Nunca había seguido una receta de galletas que resultara tan deliciosa cómo esta. Looking forward to try more recipes!