The most amazing Nutella peanut butter cookies! These cookies have delicious crispy edges and a gooey center. The cookies have both peanut butter in the cookie batter and Nutella swirled into it. What makes them even better is that they need no resting time!
These Nutella peanut butter cookies are so quick and easy to make. They need no resting time and can go straight into the oven! What makes them amazing is that they have perfectly crispy edges and a delicious soft and chewy center.
These cookies are also loaded with peanut butter, Nutella and chocolate chips, giving them so much flavor! They are so easy and delicious, that you'll want to make them over and over again!
WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS
- Easy to make: These cookies are so easy to make, and only needs two bowls and an electric hand mixer.
- Crispy edges and soft center: These cookies have perfectly crispy edges with the best chewy and soft center!
- No chill time: This recipe uses room temperature butter which means that the dough doesn't need to be chilled in the fridge before baking them.
These are some of the key ingredients for this recipe. For a full list of ingredients, check out the recipe card below.
- Peanut butter: For this recipes it's best to use smooth peanut butter.
- Nutella: Nutella is swirl into the cookie dough, as well as dollop on top of the cookies.
- Butter: Take the butter out 30 min before starting making them.
- Brown sugar: The brown sugar gives more moister to the cookie dough, which makes for a more soft and chewy texture.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
Here is how to make and bake these Nutella peanut butter cookies. This recipe requires an electric hand mixer.
The full recipe is down below in the recipe card.
Before starting preheat the oven to 175ºC/ 350ºF conventional oven. Prepare a baking sheet with baking paper.
STEP 1: In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
STEP 2: In another bowl add peanut butter, butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Using an electric hand mixer, mix it together for 2 min, so it becomes light and fluffy.
STEP 3: Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix it in.
STEP 4: Add the flour mixture and with a spatula, fold it together until just combined. Then add the chocolate chips and fold them in.
STEP 5: Lastly add the Nutella on top of the cookie dough and with a butter knife, swirl it into the cookie dough.
STEP 6: Using a 2 tbsp/ 1.35 ounce cookie scoop, scoop out 6 cookies at a time per baking sheet. Bake one baking tray at a time for 10 min.
STEP 7: Once baked, decorate the cookies with dollops of Nutella and extra chocolate chips. Let them cool down on the baking tray for 5-10 min as they still will be soft when they are done. Then use a spatula to lift them onto a cooling rack.
EXPERT BAKING TIPS
- Use a kitchen scale: My default setting for my recipes is grams. It is the most precise way of measuring out your ingredients, I therefore highly recommend using a kitchen scale.
- Don't over mix your batter: I always use a spatula after everything has mixed together, to give it one final gentle fold together. This makes sure everything in the bottom of the mixing bowl has been mixed into the batter.
- Light vs. dark baking pans: For the best result, use an aluminum baking pan, greased with butter and lined with baking paper in the bottom. Aluminum pans are light in color and therefore attract less heat. That means it bakes more gently which results in a softer cake. If you use a black baking pan it'll attract a lot more heat. That will then give a darker crust, which can result in a dryer cake.
Yes, scoop the cookie dough into balls and place them in an airtight container or cover them with plastic wrap, then store the cookie balls in the fridge overnight. Let the cookie dough come to room temperature for 10-15 minutes. Then bake the cookies as instructed in the recipe.
Scoop the cookie dough into balls and store them in an airtight container. You can store them in the freezer for up to 30 days. Let the cookie ball thaw before baking them as instructed in the recipe.
Yes, absolutely. Use a bigger cookie scoop and scoop out 10 cookies and bake them for 11-12 minutes.
Store the Nutella Peanut Butter cookies in a cookie jar or an airtight container. They are best enjoyed within a few days.
Other Cookie Recipes To Try
Nutella Peanut Butter Cookies
Nutella Peanut Butter Cookies
- 125 g all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 80 g butter room temperature
- 100 g peanut butter smooth
- 50 g granulated sugar
- 150 g brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100 g chocolate chips
- 100 g Nutella
Nutella Peanut Butter Cookies
- Preheat the oven at 175ºC / 350ºF and prepare a baking sheet with baking paper.
- In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.125 g all-purpose flour, ½ teaspoon baking powder, ½ teaspoon baking soda, ½ teaspoon salt
- In another bowl add peanut butter, butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Using an electric hand mixer, mix it together for 2 min, so it becomes light and fluffy.80 g butter, 100 g peanut butter, 50 g granulated sugar, 150 g brown sugar
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix it in.1 large egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add the flour mixture and with a spatula, fold it together until just combined. Then add the chocolate chips and fold them in.100 g chocolate chips
- Lastly add the Nutella on top of the cookie dough and with a butter knife, swirl it into the cookie dough.100 g Nutella
- Using a 2 tbsp/ 1.35 ounce cookie scoop, scoop out 6 cookies at a time per baking sheet. Bake one baking tray at a time for 10 min.
- Once baked, decorate the cookies with dollops of Nutella and chocolate chips. Let them cool down on the baking tray for 5-10 min as they still will be soft when they are done. After they have cooled down a bit, use a spatula to lift them onto a cooling rack.