These super fudgy and ultra delicious Oreo Cheesecake Brownies are perfect for any Oreo lovers. These Oreo cheesecake brownies are full of Oreos and creamy cheesecake filling. They have a cheesecake layer and the brownie batter is filled with crushed Oreo cookies and topped with even more! They have a of rich Oreo, chocolate and cheesecake flavor and a beautiful crackly top.
These Oreo cheesecake brownies are rich and so delicious and are seriously the best brownies. This fudgy brownies recipe is so simple to make. It has a cheesecake swirl and is filled with Oreos in the brownie batter. This fudgy chocolate brownies will settle any chocolate craving and is a crowd pleaser.
These Oreo cheesecake brownie recipe is so delicious it's hard not to eat the whole pan at once!
WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS
- Oreos: This cheesecake brownie is filled with Oreos!
- Fudgy texture: This Oreo cheesecake brownie is so soft and fudgy with a perfectly crinkly top.
- Easy dessert: It is super easy to mix together and is always a crowd pleaser!
These are some of the key ingredients for this recipe. For a full list of ingredients, check out the recipe card below.
- Oreo: The brownie batter is filled with crushed Oreos and cake is topped with even more.
- Butter: The butter is melted and mixed together with the dark chocolate.
- Eggs: Take them out of the fridge 1-2 hours before baking.
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips: I recommend a dark chocolate on the sweeter side, e.g. 54,5%, and therefore a not too bitter of a dark chocolate.
- Cornstarch: Cornstarch breaks down the gluten in the flour, making for a more soft and fudgy brownie.
- Cocoa powder: I use high quality dutch processed unsweetened cocoa powder for the best flavor, my favorite is from Valrhona.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
Here is how to make and bake this Oreo cheesecake brownies. This recipe doesn't need an electric mixer. Just two bowls, a whisk and a spatula.
The full recipe is down below in the recipe card.
STEP 1: For the cheesecake batter. Add the softened cream cheese, granulated sugar and cornstarch into a large bowl and whisk it together until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix it in until smooth and combined. Set it aside while making the brownie batter.
STEP 2: For the brownie batter. Melt the butter and chocolate and stir it together. In a separate bowl add brown sugar and granulated sugar. Pour the melted butter and chocolate over it and with a hand whisk, whisk it together.
STEP 3: Add the eggs one at a time, and mix until incorporated. Once incorporated, continue giving them a good whisk for 1-2 minutes, as this is what will give them the crinkle top.
STEP 4: Then add the vanilla extract and whisk it until combined. Add the dry ingredients to the batter and gently whisk it together until combined. Crush 7 Oreos into different size pieces. Add them to the brownie batter and gently fold them in.
STEP 5: Pour ¾ of the brownie batter into the prepared pan, smooth it out with the spatula. Pour the cheesecake batter over the brownie layer and smooth it out to an even layer. Then dollop the remaining brownie batter over the cheesecake batter and with a toothpick swirl the two batters together. Lastly top of the brownie batter with 5 more Oreos, broken into pieces, and sprinkle Oreo cookie pieces over the cake.
STEP 6: Bake for about 50-55 minutes. Once baked, let it cool down for 30 minutes on a wire rack, then place it in the fridge for 1 hour or more. It’s ready to be served.
EXPERT BAKING TIPS
- Use a kitchen scale: My default setting for my recipes is grams. It is the most precise way of measuring out your ingredients, I therefore highly recommend using a kitchen scale.
- Don't over mix your batter: I always use a spatula after everything has mixed together, to give it one final gentle fold together. This makes sure everything in the bottom of the mixing bowl has been mixed into the batter.
- Light vs. dark baking pans: For the best result, use an aluminum baking pan, greased with butter and lined with baking paper in the bottom. Aluminum pans are light in color and therefore attract less heat. That means it bakes more gently which results in a softer cake. If you use a black baking pan it'll attract a lot more heat. That will then give a darker crust, which can result in a dryer cake.
Use the toothpick test and test the cake in a brownie area. Insert a tooth pick and if it has wet batter on it, give it 5 more minutes but if it has moist crumbs on the knife it's done.
I personally love eating brownies cold, so they are also really good to make a day ahead of serving and storing them in the fridge overnight.
Yes, absolutely. As mentioned above, this brownie get super rich and fudgy by staying in the fridge overnight or at room temperature.
Store this Oreo cheesecake brownies in the fridge covered by some plastic wrap in an airtight container for up to 5 days. I personally love a cold brownie. It tightens up the texture of the brownie and makes them extra fudgy. They are therefore really good to make a day ahead of serving. Just store them in the fridge overnight uncut.
Other Brownie Recipes To Try
Oreo Cheesecake Brownie
- 50 g granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 200 g cream cheese full fat, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 125 g butter
- 125 g dark chocolate chips
- 125 g brown sugar
- 100 g granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150 g all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 7 Oreo cookies crushed into different size pieces
- 5 Oreo cookies broken into small and medium pieces
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC /325ºF conventional oven. Prepare a 20x20 cm (8x8 in) square pan with parchment paper.
- Stir together the cornstarch and granulated sugar.50 g granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Add the cream cheese, granulated sugar and cornstarch into a bowl and with a hand whisk, whisk it together until smooth.200 g cream cheese
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix it in until smooth and combined. Set it aside while making the brownie batter.1 large egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt the butter and chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave and stir it together.125 g butter, 125 g dark chocolate chips
- In a bowl add the brown sugar and granulated sugar. Pour the melted butter and chocolate and stir it together with a hand whisk.125 g brown sugar, 100 g granulated sugar
- Add the eggs one at a time, and mix until incorporated. Once incorporated, continue giving them a good whisk for 1-2 minutes, as this is what will give the brownie the crinkle top. You will also see, when you whisked enough that it will start to come together in a smooth batter.2 large eggs
- Then add the vanilla extract and whisk it until combined.2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add the flour, cocoa powder and salt to the batter and gently whisk it together until combined.150 g all-purpose flour, 2 tablespoon cocoa powder, ¼ teaspoon salt
- Crush 7 Oreos into different size pieces. Add them to the brownie batter and with a spatula gently fold them in.7 Oreo cookies
- Pour ¾ of the brownie batter into the prepared baking pan, smooth it out with the spatula. Pour the cheesecake batter over the brownie and smooth it out to an even layer. Then dollop the remaining brownie batter over the cheesecake batter and with a toothpick swirl the two batters together. Lastly top the cake with 5 more Oreos broken into pieces and sprinkle them over the cake.5 Oreo cookies
- Bake for about 50-55 minutes. Once baked, let it cool down for 30 minutes on a wire rack at room temperature, then refrigerate for 1 hour or more and it’s ready to be served.