This lemon and mascarpone cake is so fresh and delicious. It has soft and tangy lemon cake layers combined with a smooth mascarpone and white chocolate cream. It's all covered by a beautiful white chocolate cover.
This lemon and mascarpone cake is so fresh and delicious! Who else loves mascarpone and white chocolate? 🙋♀️ I definitely do - I love the creamy texture and flavor from the mascarpone and how it just combines beautifully with white chocolate! What makes it even better is pairing it with lemon! It gives a freshness to the creamy elements of the mascarpone and white chocolate which really make this a light and incredible delicious cake.
If you want to make it even easier to make, then skip the chocolate cover and make a beautiful naked layer cake!
Store this lemon and mascarpone cake in the fridge in an airtight container. When wanting to eat it, take it out of the fridge and let it come to room temperature. It's best enjoyed within a few days.
Other Layer Cake Recipes To Try
Lemon and Mascarpone Cake
- 2x 15 cm baking pans
- 80 g butter room temperature
- 30 g vegetable oil
- 155 g granulated sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 160 g all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest the zest of a whole lemon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 150 g whole milk room temperature
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
WHIPPED WHITE CHOCOLATE MASCARPONE CREAM
- 60 g white chocolate
- 200 g mascarpone
- 30 g glucose syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 150 g heavy cream
- 100 g white chocolate
- Yellow color made for chocolate
- Preheat the oven at 170ºC and grease 2x 15 cm round cake tins with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, sift together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the lemon zest and mix it in.
- Mix together the whole milk and vanilla extract and set it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, use the paddle attachment add the butter, vegetable oil, and sugar and mix it on high speed for 2-3 min.
- Add the eggs one at a time into the mixture and mix it in until combined.
- Add the lemon juice to the milk. It will curdle but don’t stress, it’s just the lemon juice reacting with the milk.
- Continue by alternating between adding ⅓ of the flour mixture and ½ of the milk mixture, ending on the flour mixture. Mixing in each addition until just combined.
- Divide the cake batter into the 2 prepared 15 cm baking tins and bake them for 22-25 min or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Let the cakes cool on a cooling rack. After 5 min, gently remove the cake from the cake tin and let the cakes cool down completely.
WHIPPED WHITE CHOCOLATE MASCARPONE CREAM
- Once the cakes are completely cooled, and you’re ready to assemble the cake, make the filling.
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler or in a microwave. In a bowl, with an electric hand mixer, mix together the mascarpone, glucose syrup and vanilla bean paste, then add the melted white chocolate and mix until combined.
- Pour the heavy cream in to the bowl and whip it until medium/stiff peak.
- Lets assembling the cake! Cut each cake into two layers (if the cake an uneven surface on the top of the cake then cut the tops of the cakes so they are an even heigh).
- Place the first cake layer on your desired dish. Add ¼ of the whipped white chocolate mascarpone cream on the cake layer and spread it out to an even layer with an offset spatula or spoon.
- Add the next sponge layer and continue this process. Once it’s all stacked, scrape down the sides of cake for a sharp finish. Place it in the fridge while preparing the chocolate cover.
- Cut a 10x47 cm piece of plastic cake collar (or parchment paper).
- Temper the white chocolate and little bit of yellow color. Pour the chocolate on to the cake collar and with a small offset spatula, even out the chocolate. Lift the cake collar out of the pool of chocolate and onto a clean part of your countertop. This way you make sure to get clean sharp edges.
- When the chocolate starts to firm up a bit, take the cake out of the fridge and gently place the chocolate collar around the cake. Place it back in the fridge to firm up.
- Once set, and you’re ready to serve, take the cake out of the fridge and gently take the plastic of the chocolate. Decorate with edible flowers.