These super fudgy Nutella brownie are an absolute favorite of mine. They are packed with Nutella and are incredibly delicious! They have a beautiful light and crinkly top and a soft and fudgy inside with pockets of melted Nutella!
Who doesn't love a fudgy Nutella brownie! Brownies are without a doubt a favorite of mine, and adding Nutella to it makes it even better. With every bite of this brownie, it's bursting with Nutella flavor.
This Nutella brownie is so easy to make, with only 10 ingredients needed. It has a shiny light crinkly top, a soft fudgy inside and topped with lots of Nutella swirled into the brownie batter!
For more brownie recipes, try Fudgy Peanut Butter Brookies, Oreo Brookies and Birthday Blondie Bars.
WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS
- Fudgy texture: The center of these brownies are super fudgy.
- Nutella: This brownie burst with Nutella flavor, with lots of Nutella swirled into the brownie batter.
- One bowl recipe: I love how easy this brownie is to make, it only requires one bowl and 10 ingredients, making clean up super quick.
These are some of the key ingredients for this recipe. For a full list of ingredients, check out the recipe card below.
- Nutella: Half a jar of Nutella is used in this recipe, swirled into brownie batter.
- Butter: The butter is melted together with the dark chocolate.
- Brown sugar: The brown sugar gives more moister to the cookie dough, which makes for a more soft and chewy texture.
- Eggs: Take them out of the fridge 1-2 hours before baking.
- Dark chocolate: I recommend a dark chocolate on the sweeter side, e.g. 54,5%, and therefore a not too bitter dark chocolate.
- Cocoa powder: I use high quality dutch processed cocoa powder for the best flavor, my favorite is from Valrhona.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
Here is how to make and bake this Nutella brownie. This recipe needs an electric hand mixer, one large bowls, and a spatula.
The full recipe is down below in the recipe card.
Before starting preheat the oven to 175ºC/ 350ºF conventional oven. Prepare a 20x20 cm square pan with parchment paper.
STEP 1: Melt the butter and chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave. In a bowl add the brown sugar and granulated sugar. Pour the melted butter and chocolate over it and with a hand whisk, whisk it together.
STEP 2: Add the eggs one at a time, and mix until incorporated. Once incorporated, continue giving them a good whisk for 1-2 minutes, as this is what will give them the crinkle top. You will also see, when you whisked enough that it will start to come together in a smooth batter.
STEP 3: Then add the vanilla extract and whisk it until combined.
STEP 4. Add the flour, cocoa powder and salt to the batter and gently whisk it together until combined.
STEP 5. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and smooth it out with the spatular. Add a few dollops of Nutella and swirl it in. Bake for about 22-24 min. Serve once it’s cooled down. Finish it off with a sprinkle of sea salt.
EXPERT BAKING TIPS
- Use a kitchen scale: My default setting for my recipes is grams. It is the most precise way of measuring out your ingredients, I therefore highly recommend using a kitchen scale.
- Don't over mix your batter: I always use a spatula after everything has mixed together, to give it one final gentle fold together. This makes sure everything in the bottom of the mixing bowl has been mixed into the batter.
- Light vs. dark baking pans: For the best result, use an aluminum baking pan, greased with butter and lined with baking paper. Aluminum pans are light in color and therefore attract less heat. That means it bakes more gently which results in a softer cake. If you use a black baking pan it'll attract a lot more heat. That will then give a darker crust, which can result in a dryer cake.
You'll know the Nutella brownie is done, when the brownie has just set. It shouldn’t jiggle when taken out of the oven but when using a cake tester, moist crumbs should be one it.
I personally love eating brownies cold, so they are also really good to make a day ahead of serving and storing them in the fridge overnight. They can also be stored at room temperature, if you prefer them not to be cold.
Yes, absolutely. As mentioned above, this brownie get super rich and fudgy by staying in the fridge overnight.
- Room temperature: To keep these brownies fudgy I recommend storing it at room temperature in an airtight container. To keep the edges from drying out, I suggest waiting to cut them until you're ready to serve them. They will stay soft for 2-3 days when stored properly!
- Fridge: I personally love a cold brownie. It tightens up the texture of the brownie and makes them extra fudgy. They are therefore really good to make a day ahead of serving. Just store them in the fridge overnight uncut.
Other Brownie Recipes To Try
Make sure leave a STAR REVIEW if you loved this recipe! Make sure to tag me on Instagram @juliemarieeats. To get more ideas by following me on Pinterest.
- 125 g butter
- 125 g dark chocolate chips
- 125 g brown sugar
- 100 g granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150 g all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 100 g Nutella
- flaky sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 175ºC conventional oven.
- Prep a 20x20 cm square pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter and chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave.125 g butter, 125 g dark chocolate chips
- In a bowl add the brown sugar and granulated sugar. Pour the melted butter and chocolate over it and with a hand whisk, whisk it together.125 g brown sugar, 100 g granulated sugar
- Add the eggs one at a time, and mix until incorperated. Once incorperated, continue giving them a good whisk for 1-2 minutes, as this is what will give them the crinkle top. You will also see, when you whisked enough that it will start to come together in a smooth batter.2 eggs
- Then add the vanilla extract and whisk it until combined.2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add the flour, cocoa powder and salt to the batter and gently whisk it together until combined.150 g all-purpose flour, 2 tablespoon cocoa powder, ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and smooth it out with the spatular.
- Add a few dollops of Nutella and swirl it in.100 g Nutella
- Bake for about 22-24 min. Serve once it’s cooled down. Finish it off with a sprinkle of sea salt.flaky sea salt
[…] more brownie recipes, try Small Batch Brownies, Nutella brownie and Peanut Butter […]
[…] more brownie recipes, try Nutella brownie, Peanut Butter Brookies and Oreo […]