This post may contain affiliate links.
These are the best large Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies! These delicious thick and gooey cookies have browned butter and are filled with lots of pecans and chocolate chips. They have perfect crispy edges and a delicious gooey center, plus you only need a hand whisk and a spatula to make these, making them so easy.
These chocolate chip pecan cookies are so quick and easy to make and will be your new favorite cookies. These amazing brown butter pecan chocolate chip cookies are taking your classic chocolate chip cookies to the next level by adding lots of pecans! What also makes them amazing is the texture of these cookies as these soft gooey cookies have perfectly crispy edges.
These chocolate chip pecan cookie recipe is loaded with pecans and chocolate chips. They are full of flavor, so easy to make and delicious, that you'll want to make them over and over again!
WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS
- Easy to make: These cookies are so easy to make, and only needs a bowl and a hand mixer.
- Crispy edges and soft center: These cookies have perfectly crispy edges with the best chewy and soft center!
- Lots of pecans and chocolate chips: These cookies are filled with pecans and chocolate chips!
These are some of the key ingredients for this recipe. For a full list of ingredients, check out the recipe card below.
- Pecan nuts: The pecans are chopped into smaller pieces.
- Chocolate chips: I recommend using semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Butter: The butter is browned over medium heat and then cooled.
- Dark brown sugar: The brown sugar gives more moister to the cookie dough, which makes for a more soft and chewy texture.
- Eggs: Let it come to room temperature 1-2 hours before baking.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
Here is how to make and bake these Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies. This recipe doesn't need an electric mixer. Just two large bowls, a whisk and a spatula.
The full recipe is down below in the recipe card.
STEP 1: In a medium sized saucepan melt the butter and brown it over medium/high heat, takes about 8-10 minutes. Pour the browned butter into a large bowl and let it cool down to room temperature in the fridge.
STEP 2: Once the butter has reached room temperature add the granulated sugar and brown sugar and with spatula whisk it together for 1 minute. Alternatively, mix it together in a stand mixer using the paddle attachment.
STEP 3: Add the egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract and mix it in until combined. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add the flour mixture and with spatula mix it together until just combined.
Preheat the oven to 175ºC/ 350ºF conventional oven. Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
STEP 4: Using a large cookie 2 ounce cookie scoop / ¼ cup (90 g), scoop out 12 cookies and place them on a tray lined with baking paper. Place the prepared cookies in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
STEP 5: Place 3-4 cookie dough balls per baking tray and bake one tray at a time for 11-13 minutes. Let them cool down on a cooling rack.
EXPERT BAKING TIPS
- Use a kitchen scale: My default setting for my recipes is grams. It is the most precise way of measuring out your ingredients, I therefore highly recommend using a kitchen scale.
- Don't over mix your batter: I always use a spatula after everything has mixed together, to give it one final gentle fold together. This makes sure everything in the bottom of the mixing bowl has been mixed into the batter.
- Light vs. dark baking pans: For the best result, use an aluminum baking pan, greased with butter and lined with baking paper in the bottom. Aluminum pans are light in color and therefore attract less heat. That means it bakes more gently which results in a softer cake. If you use a black baking pan it'll attract a lot more heat. That will then give a darker crust, which can result in a dryer cake.
Yes, use a small cookie scoop (2 tbsp/1.3 oz) and bake them for 9-10 minutes.
Yes, scoop the cookie dough into balls and place them in an airtight container or cover them with plastic wrap, then store the cookie balls in the fridge overnight. Bake the cookies as instructed in the recipe.
Scoop the cookie dough into balls and store them in an airtight container or freezer bag. You can store them in the freezer for up to 30 days. Let the cookie ball thaw for 1 hour before baking them as instructed in the recipe.
Store the pecan chocolate chip cookies in a cookie jar or an air-tight container. They are best enjoyed within 1 day when baked.
Other Cookie Recipes To Try
Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
CHOCOLATE CHIP PECAN COOKIES
- 240 g butter
- 100 g granulated sugar
- 150 g dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 300 g all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 140 g dark chocolate chips or bar chopped + extra for topping the cookies
- 75 g pecans chopped into small pieces + extra for topping the cookies
The US customary cup measurement serves as a rough estimate, as it can have uncertainties, so for precise results, it's recommended to weigh your ingredients using a digital scale in grams. Baking is both an art and a science, which most often requires precision and accuracy.
CHOCOLATE CHIP PECAN COOKIES
- In a medium sized saucepan add the butter and brown it over medium/high heat, takes about 8-10 minutes. When it starts boiling and foaming, give it a swirl here and there to see the color change. Once deep amber color, pour the browned butter into a large mixing bowl. Make sure to scrape down the brown bits as that is what gives all of the flavor. Let it cool down to room temperature in the fridge. Takes about 20 minutes.240 g butter
- Once the butter has reached room temperature add the granulated sugar and brown sugar and with a whisk, whisk it together for 1 minute. Alternatively, mix it together in a stand mixer using the paddle attachment.100 g granulated sugar, 150 g dark brown sugar
- Add the egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract and mix it in until combined.1 egg, 1 egg yolk, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add the dry ingredients and with spatula mix it together until just combined.300 g all-purpose flour, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, ¾ teaspoon baking powder, ¾ teaspoon baking soda, ¾ teaspoon salt
- Chop the pecans into small pieces. Similar in size to the chocolate chips. Add both the chopped pecans and chocolate chips to the cookie dough and fold them in.140 g dark chocolate chips, 75 g pecans
- Using a large 2 ounce cookie scoop / ⅓ cup (90 g), scoop out 12 cookies and place them on a tray lined with baking paper. Optionally, decorate each cookie dough balls with extra pecans and chocolate chops. Place the prepared cookies in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven at 175ºC / 350ºF and prepare a baking sheet with baking paper. Place 3-4 cookie dough balls per baking tray and bake one tray at a time for 11-13 minutes. Keep the remaining cookie dough balls in the fridge while the others bake.
- Once baked, optionally sprinkle with sea salt and let them cool down on the baking tray for 2-3 minutes as they still will be soft when they are done. Use a spatula to lift them onto a wire rack and let them cool down completely.