This super soft chocolate mascarpone cake is a perfect for cozy day! It as has soft chocolate cake and topped with a smooth mascarpone frosting! It’s super easy to make and taste absolutely amazing!
Autumn is upon us and the cold days have reached us and this chocolate mascarpone cake is perfect for an autumn day. The cozy days inside with candles lit are something many of us look forward to year after year. Another thing that has stood the test of time is the sheet cake.
The great thing about these cakes is how wonderfully easy they are. Just pour the batter into a baking tin, bake it and decorate it with a delicious topping.
Whether you are baking for a large birthday party or just need something sweet to share with your kids on a Sunday afternoon, a sheet cake is a way forward. This delicious and soft chocolate cake takes no time to make but tastes like a dream. Rich chocolate flavor paired with a delicious and light mascarpone frosting. The mascarpone cream can be easily replaced with a quick and easy icing.
Here you get a dessert that is as simple to make as it is delicious to eat.
For more delicious sheet cake recipes, try Lemon Pistachio Cake, Birthday Blondie Bars and Pumpkin Sheet Cake.
As this as mascarpone in the frosting it will need to be stored in an airtight container in the fridge. When wanting to eat it, take it out of the fridge and let it come to room temperature. It's best enjoyed within a few days.
Other Sheet Cake Recipes To Try
Make sure leave a STAR REVIEW if you loved this recipe! Make sure to tag me on Instagram @juliemarieeats. To get more ideas by following me on Pinterest.
Chocolate Mascarpone Cake
- 23x33 cm (8"x12") baking pan
CHOCOLATE SHEET CAKE
- 190 g boiling water
- 270 g all-purpose flour
- 300 g granulated sugar
- 75 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 240 g buttermilk room temperatur
- 110 g vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs room temperatur
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200 g mascarpone
- 15 g acacia honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla paste
- 100 g confectioners sugar
- 125 g heavy cream
CHOCOLATE SHEET CAKE
- Preheat the oven at 175ºC conventional oven and prepare a half sheet baking pan (23x33 cm) baking pan with parchment paper.
- Start by boiling some water and weigh out the water so it can cool down a bit while preparing the other ingredients.190 g boiling water
- In a bowl sift all of dry ingredients together. Give it a stir to make sure everything has combined.270 g all-purpose flour, 300 g granulated sugar, 75 g unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon salt
- In another mixing bowl add all of the wet ingredients and with a hand whisk, whisk them together until combined. Be sure to not mix the ingredients too vigorously so the eggs don’t get over mixed.240 g buttermilk, 110 g vegetable oil, 3 large eggs, 2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 190 g boiling water
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry while gently stirring it all together. Make sure there is no lumps left in the batter.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared baking pan and bake it for 30-35 min or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool on a cooling rack. After 15 min, gently remove the cake from the baking pan to a cooling rack and let it cool down completely.
- With an electric mixer, cream together mascarpone, acacia honey and vanilla bean paste. Then add the powdered sugar and mix it together until smooth.200 g mascarpone, 15 g acacia honey, ½ teaspoon vanilla paste, 100 g confectioners sugar
- Add the heavy cream and whip it until stiff peaks and holds it shape.125 g heavy cream
- With a spatula, add the mascarpone frosting on top of the sheet cake and spread it out evenly.
- Dust with a bit of cocoa powder and it’s ready to be enjoyed.
- Store in the fridge.
So lecker! Einfaches Rezept, total schokoladig und saftig. Nicht zu süß.
Make this twice. It's so smooth and light. Stay delicious and fresh for days. Easy to make and simply ingredients. Not too sweet or chocolate. Just perfect ❤️
Delicious!!! As described in the intro, it is a very soft, creamy and easy to make cake. I also love the format of the recipe with the ingredients of each step listed under the instructions.
Just made this cake and it taste absolutely wonderful.